Road Stories

My life training and working at the Fire Station

Tuesday, October 10, 2006

Vuelta Chihuahua


Well after a grueling 4km I felt pretty good. We got to the start of the race well over an hour before to sign in, take pictures and get everything ready and dialed with the TT bike. The weather is a bit of a change from Dallas. I guess I have become adjusted to the humid weather. Juarez had a great turn out and the prologue went on without any problems. I warmed up, got ready and I thought I rode a sweet time, only to be told that I rode a 4.54 instead of a 4.39 of what i clock at. I guess people warned me about those kind of mistakes occuring in mx racing. Oh well! Tomorrow is the first stage and I'm the only one that can screw that up. My purpose here is to race for the points jersey. My legs are feeling like they did in ELk Grove, Il and well that says a lot to me. I will try and get some sweet photos of my future adventures., and me having fun! Ha., Oh yeah, i'm at 4500 ft of alt.
1st day prologue- 55th place SUCK - wait just got updated, now i'm 56th
1st place clocked 4.23 avg spd of 49.278 Yeah right, that is world record times on the track
I was 4.54 avg speed of 44.082km
Toodles.

Here is a sweet Picture of Leo and Jaime (UCI 2.2 - you gotta have fun)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home