Road Stories

My life training and working at the Fire Station

Monday, January 16, 2006

CX Race


Here I stand before you thinking "who needs to train for cx racing?, don't you just get on and race like any other race? This should be a load of FUN!!



...and we are off!, my plan was to stay with my buddy Chris as long as possible.
The group was small but loaded with talent. Will Black decided to show up and give us a lesson on "how to" race cx.


Here I'm drilling just to try to pace my man Chris after a crash early (1st lap) of the race.


I was feeling great, and having loads of fun for the first 5min, then I realized how bad this hurt.
I was in so much pain I even looked at my watch just to see how much longer we had in the race, it read 27min, SUCK, 30min to go. This was no longer fun at all. I was not doing it to place but according to Brice, I was doing the race for "a hard effort" training day, HARD was to say the least. I don't know how these guys do it, they are like, to quote Chris, "deers on wheelz" I placed 6th and Chris placed 5th, one place out of the money. I thought I did great by just finishing the race! Next time I will have to train for it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home